If you need to talk to a live person in EDD customer service you need to dial 1-800-480-3287 (English) and 1-866-658-8846 (Spanish). To speak with a live agent, you need to press 1 for information regarding your benefit payment, press 2 for the State Disability Insurance Online Help Desk regarding.
If you need another service from EDD customer service you can select one of the from initial menu prompt as listed below:
- Press 3 for the Disability Insurance General information regarding.
- Press 4 for general information about Voluntary Plan.
- Press 9 to return to the Main menu.
- Press the star key (*) to repeat the menu.
If you select 3 in the menu above, you will see the following instructions:
Claimant, Press 1
For information on how to qualify for Disability Insurance benefits, press 1:
- Eligibility and waiting period
- Contribution Rate
- Benefit Amount Calculation
- Part-time, Intermittent, or Reduced Work Schedule
- Unemployment Worker’s Compensation
- and Pregnancy, and Employers may integrate or coordinate wages with Disability Insurance (DI) benefits.
For information on how to file a claim, press 2
- Initial claim using SDI Online or filing by mail
- Benefit Continuation filing based on initial form of claim. If by mail, EDD will send out DE 25000A and DE 2525XX.
To hear about appeals, press 3.
For information on what claim forms to file, press 4.
- To order initial claim form Claim for Disability Insurance (DI) Benefits (DE 2501) (DE 2501/S for Spanish).
For information about the Family and Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act, press 5.
For SDI contribution rates and tax information, press 6.
Self-employed and Elective Coverage, Press 2
- For general information about Elective Coverage benefits, press 1.
- To hear about eligibility, press 2.
- To hear about requirements, press 3.
- To hear about benefit amount, press 4.
- For information about Elective Coverage premiums, press 5.
- For information about filing a claim, press 6.
- To order an Elective Coverage packet and for more information, press 7.
If you select 4 in the menu above, you will see the following instructions:
For employer Voluntary Plan information, press 1.
- For additional information, please call the Voluntary Plan Group at 916-653-6839.
For employee Voluntary Plan information press 2.
Employment Development Department Customer Service Options
Employment Development Department Phone Number
Employment Development Department customer service is 1-800-480-3287 (English) and 1-866-658-8846 (Spanish). Live customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and Spanish.
Employment Development Department Online Service
Employment Development Department is available on the website: EDD Online Service
Employment Development Department Mailing Address
Employment Development Department
Taxpayer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 826880
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
Employment Development Department support e-mail
EDD doesn’t offer support e-mail. Best way to contact EDD is to call them at 1-800-480-3287 (English) and 1-866-658-8846 (Spanish).
Employment Development Department Social Media
You can start a live chat session with a EDD support agent on social media: