IRS phone number speak live person is 800-829-1040. If you need to talk to a live person in IRS customer service you need to dial 800-829-1040. To speak with a live agent you need to know about their customer service.
To ensure that you do not have to call back, please have the following documents ready.
If you’re calling about your own account:
Before you call, make sure you know or have the following information handy:
- Social Security cards and birth dates for those who were on the return you are calling about.
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) letter if you don’t have a Social Security number (SSN).
- Filing status – Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate.
- Your prior-year tax return. We may need to verify your identity before answering certain questions.
- A copy of the tax return you’re calling about.
- Any letters or notices we sent you.
If you are calling about someone else’s account:
Our call center professionals will only speak with the taxpayer or their legally designated representative.
Before you call, make sure you have the following information handy:
- Verbal or written authorization to discuss the account.
- The ability to verify the taxpayer’s name, SSN/ITIN, tax period, form(s).
- PTIN or PIN if you are a third party designee.
- A current, completed, and signed Form 8821, Tax Information Authorization or
- A completed and signed Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative.
IRS Phone Number Speak Live Person Options
IRS is very concerned about the convenience. You can get all information or consultation anywhere and anytime. For this reason, IRS has built access to services as well as they can.
IRS phone number speak live person needs to be known by customers as good services. So that, whenever there are questions about IRS that cannot get answers from IRS’s website. Then you can directly contact IRS customer service by phone, and social media.
If you want to contact IRS customer service. These ways to contact with a IRS support agent:
IRS Customer Service Phone Number
- IRS phone number speak live person is 800-829-1040.
- IRS customer service phone number is for business 800-829-4933.
- IRS customer service phone number is for TTY/TDD for people with hearing impairments: 800-829-4059.
- Exempt organizations, retirement plan administrators, and government 877-829-5500.
- Estate and gift: 866-699-4083 .
- Excise tax function: 866-699-4096.
IRS Customer Service Hours
IRS live customer service number agents are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, unless otherwise noted.
Filing Season (January – April)
- Telephone service wait times can average 15 minutes. Some telephone service lines may have longer wait times.
- Telephone service wait times are higher on Monday and Tuesday, during Presidents Day weekend and around the April tax filing deadline.
Post-Filing Season (May – December)
- Telephone service wait times can average 27 minutes. Some telephone service lines may have longer wait times.
- Telephone service wait times are generally higher on Monday and Tuesday.
IRS Live Chat Support
IRS doesn’t offer live chat support. Best way to contact IRS is to contact them at 800-829-1040. You’ll get an answer right away to common questions.
IRS Support E-mail
IRS doesn’t offer support e-mail. Best way to contact IRS is to contact them at 800-829-1040. You’ll get an answer right away to common questions.
IRS Social Media
If you would like to contact them through social media you may reach them at:
- IRS customer service could be contacted via: Facebook
- You can also reach IRS support via: Twitter
- You can also view latest IRS video on Youtube
IRS Speak Live Person – By Phone Number or Otherwise
While IRS phone number speak live person is 800-829-1040. There are 2 ways to contact IRS, are by phone, and social media. You can choose one of them if you need to talk to live person with Support Agent.